Crystal Table Lamps: The Secret Ingredient You Have Been Searching for
You have heard of crystal chandeliers, but did you know that you can also incorporate beautiful crystals into your table lamps as well? Crystal table lamps have been trending in home decor lately as an amazing way to really give your space a luxurious and glam feel. Instead of just getting a boring and basic table lamp, why not have fun with it and get a crystal table lamp that will not only brighten up your room but act as a conversation and statement piece as well?
There are so many different varieties of crystal table lamps, and you can find them all at reputable furniture designers like Groms. Here are some things that you need to know about crystal table lamps so that you can find the perfect one to complete your space in style:
Crystal Table Lamp Styles
While you may think that a crystal table lamp is a style in and of itself and, therefore, there aren’t many varieties out there – that’s not true at all! Some people hear the word “crystal” and automatically assume that a crystal table lamp has to be over-the-top but that’s not true either! Whether you are more minimalist or like things that are a little bit extra, there are so many different styles and varieties of crystal table lamps that you are bound to find one that you love and that works well in your living room, dining room, or entryway. Here are some examples of different crystal lamp styles that we are loving right now:
- A crystal table lamp with crystal “bubbles” that are larger at the base of the lamp and get smaller as you go towards the fabric shade. When paired with a stylish metal base like polished nickel or chrome, this is a really simple yet sophisticated way to incorporate both light and crystal into your room.
- A crystal table lamp that has a rectangular crystal base and a simple, drum shade lamp is an understated way to add a little bit of sparkle and shine to your room. The light from the lamp will reflect off the corners of the crystal and really make your room feel brighter with its clean lines.
- A stacked crystal table lamp with a number of different square crystals gives you a way to add more dimension to your room. These amazing crystals will mesmerize your guests and be an instant conversation piece for anyone who walks into the room.
- If you are looking for a non-traditional option that doesn’t include a shade at all, try a crystal column lamp! This kind of lamp is a really cool piece that truly redefines a crystal lamp – the lamp is actually in the crystal with a different base material. If you are really looking for something different, then a crystal glass table lamp is definitely the piece for you.
- If you are looking for something fancier than the simple crystal lamps with shades that we have already talked about, then consider a hanging crystal table lamp with strings of different sized crystals hanging all around the lamp. This is basically a crystal chandelier in a table lamp form! The light from this lamp will really reflect off all the different crystals and make any room look tasteful and expensive.
Crystal Table Lamp Sizes
It’s easy to get carried away by focusing only on the look of a lamp and forgetting all about the size. But the size of a lamp is actually really important and can influence the total balance of a room! You obviously don’t want to buy a lamp that is too big or too small for the table or area that it’s in. You want everything to be proportional and look natural. So how do you do that?
- The first thing that you need to do before thinking about lamps is deciding where you are going to put it. The location of the lamp will influence what size it needs to be. Whether it be on a nightstand, a console table, or a desk as a desk lamp, you can incorporate crystal accents stylishly.
- Once you have decided where you are going to place your table lamp, you need to measure that piece of furniture to figure out what size lamp you need to get. The general rule of thumb is that the total height of the lamp and the table together should be between 58 and 64 inches. This means that if you have a taller table, you need a shorter lamp as an accent lamp. If you have a shorter table, you need a taller lamp. Another thing to keep in mind when figuring out lamp height is your ceiling height. If you have really high ceilings, you might want to get a taller lamp to help fill some of that space so that the area doesn’t feel too empty.
- You will also want to measure the overall size of the tabletop where you will be placing your lamp. You obviously don’t want a lamp that is too big for its table that it’s falling off the side! And a huge lamp on a tiny table will look really awkward. So it’s a good idea to make sure that your lamp will definitely fit on the table with room to spare so that it’s not placed precariously on the edge and you can also have the room to place other things on the table.
- Some crystal lamps come with lampshades while others don’t. This is also something to keep in mind when thinking about the size and height of your crystal table lamp. Does a shade come with the lamp? If not, what’s the right size for a lampshade? What material is the lampshade?
Generally speaking, you should look for a lampshade that is 1/3 of the measurement of the base. So take the measurement of the base and divide it by three to figure out how tall your lampshade should be.
When it comes to the width of the lampshade, the general rule to follow is that the diameter of the lampshade is no more than two inches less than the length of the lamp’s actual base. That way, you can make sure that your lamp is perfectly proportional so that it fits and looks right on the table.
There's also some variety when it comes to the material of the lampshade. There are cotton shades, linen shades, and pure white shades.
How to Style Crystal Table Lamps
If you have found the perfect crystal table lamp for your space but are now wondering how to style it properly – we are here to help! Styling around crystal table lamps can be a little bit intimidating since they are such unique pieces but here are some general tips that can help you create a seamless room:
- Just because you have a square or rectangular table doesn’t mean that you need a lamp with a square or rectangular base. The same goes for circular tables. The most important thing to remember is the sizing guide that we already talked about. When it comes to shape – you have free reign!
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match other lamps in your room. We personally love pairing table lamp sets together to create symmetry but if this won’t work then you shouldn’t be afraid to pair crystal table lamps with different lighting features like floor lamps or candlesticks to brighten up your space in a variety of different ways. While you might think that since you have one crystal lamp you need them all – that isn’t necessarily the case. In fact, it might be a great contrast to pair some modern pieces around a luxurious crystal lamp.
- When it comes to styling the surface around your crystal table lamp, don’t be afraid to add accessories to complete the area! A nice crystal vase with flowers, plants, or succulents would be a great complement to a crystal table lamp on something like a bedside table. You could also go with some crystal candle holders to provide some more mood lighting and amazing smells in your room. A nice crystal tray would also look amazing next to a crystal lamp. But your accessories don’t have to be crystal! You can add other things to the table like books, magazines, picture frames, or other mementos to really personalize your space and make it feel like home.
- Make sure that the light bulbs in the lamp are flattering to your space. There are led bulbs, incandescent bulbs, and halogen bulbs that all give off different light.
- Also, you shouldn’t be afraid to add some color to your space to really make the crystal table lamp pop. While a few crystal table lamps offer fun colors, most of them are clear so it allows you to really experiment with color when it comes to accessorizing. Whether it’s a turquoise vase or a bright red candle, your crystal table lamp in your living space is sure to wow your guests with the right color pairings.
Crystal table lamps have become all the rage lately – and with good reason! They are a great way to really up the level of glamor and style in your room without going too crazy. Not to mention they also provide beautiful and dynamic light! Crystal table lamps are perfect for anyone looking to spice up their room, no matter the style. That’s because there are so many different styles of crystal table lamps out there ranging from true elegance, to modern, to shabby chic, that you are bound to find something that you love and that works well in your space.